Tuesday, March 4, 2014

# 29 letter to Judge Pu Povsun re GDG Executive Director's knowing about 26th Feb warrant two days before it was issued!



The following document, in Khmer, has been presented to Judge Pu Povsun of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court.


Investigating Judge
Pu Povsun
3rd floor
Phnom Penh Municipal Court

4th March 2014

Dear Pu Povsun

On 24th Feb 2014, Mr Geoff Armstrong, Executive Director of the Global Development Group wrote a letter to me in which he informed me that I had been charged with ‘hindering’ Citipointe church.

I knew nothing about these charges at the time because your court had not charged me yet.

Four days later, on 28th Feb,  I was provided with a document from the court, dated 26th Feb, to let me know that I had been charged.

Whilst it was not easy to understand what I had been charged with, it eventually became apparent that the charge was ‘hindering’ Citipoine church in its attempt to ‘help prostitutes’.

I am interested to know and understand how Mr Geoff Armstrong was able to know about my being charged on 24th Feb - two days before the court document was prepared (26th Feb) and four days before it was delivered to me?

I am interested to know also if there is any suggestion that the ‘prostitutes’ I  have supposedly been ‘hindering’ Citipopinte church in helping, are Rosa and Chita – who were, respectively, 6 and 3 years old at the time they were removed from their family by Citipointe church in 2008.

yours sincerely

James Ricketson


No comments:

Post a Comment