Friday, February 28, 2014

# 19 Eighth letter to Ms Sam Mostyn, President, ACFID, dated 28th Feb 2014


Ms Sam Mostyn
President
Australian Council for International Development                          

28th Feb. 2014

Dear Ms Mostyn

My letter today to the directors of the Institute of Economics and Peace speaks for itself.

Dear Nick Abrahams, Dr Vijoleta Braach-Maksvytis, Michael Hitz, Steve Killelea and Clyde McConaghy

I would like to bring to your attention the inadequacy of the assessment and monitoring processes undertaken by your partners, the Global Development Group.

I do not make this statement lightly. I have been very careful to document all the communications that have taken place between myself and the Global Development Group this past couple of weeks. These are to be found, in sequence, on the following blog, starting at:


If you work your way up through the various entries you will discover that I began by giving the Global Development Group the benefit of the doubt. I had no reason to believe that GDG would not conduct an investigation into the allegations that have been made by materially poor Cambodian parents that their daughters were illegally removed from their care in 2008 by Citipointe church’s ‘SHE Rescue Home’ – an NGO that receives funding from the Global Development Group.

I have also brought to the attention of GDG two other Australian NGOs working in Cambodia in receipt of GDG funding. I redacted the names of both these NGOs to see if, upon reading what I wrote, GDG would be interested to know the names of these two NGOs. The answer is no. Not only are the Global Development Group assessment and monitoring process inadequate, GDG seems disinterested in being provided with information relating to allegations of serious human right abuses practiced by NGOs in receipt of GDG funding.

On the basis of Citipointe church’s many and varied attempts to intimidate me into silence, the speed with which Geoff Armstrong reached the conclusion that Citipointe had done no wrong and Global Development Group’s refusal to meet with the parents who are making the allegations or view any evidence, it will come as no surprise to me if strenuous attempts are made to discredit me.

Hopefully you will look dispassionately at the facts, appreciate that my questions and concerns are not unreasonable and wonder why the Global Development Group refuses to investigate this matter in any meaningful way.

I would like to place on record that just as the Global Development Group has evinced no curiosity at all to know the names of the two NGOs I have referred to in my redacted correspondence, nor has ACFID.

best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment